If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important to tell an adult you trust right away. This could be a parent, a friend’s parent, your aunt or uncle, a grandparent, a teacher, your family doctor or a school counsellor. Suicide may seem like an answer to the emotional or physical pain you are feeling, but there is help available and you can feel better.
Other things you can do are:
- Call a crisis line, like the Distress Centre (403-266-4537) or the Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868)
- Make sure you are not alone
- Write a list of places you feel safe if you don’t feel safe at home
- Don’t use drugs or alcohol
- Call 9-1-1 or ask a friend to call for you if you feel you are a danger to yourself or others